Instructions on how to schedule an appointment on STARFISH CONNECT.
- Go to UMKC’s website and click on UMKC Connect at the bottom right hand side of the page.
- “My Success Network” will pop up with “How can we help?”
- Look for your academic advisor. To schedule an appointment, look for your advisor’s name, and then simply hit Scheduled Advising. .
- You’ll be able to choose a reason for scheduling the appointment. If it’s just general advising, that’s all you need to select.
- Connect will show you what times are available. Find a time that works with your class schedule and click Continue. Please note: If you are a student-athlete, or a current student who has been placed on Academic Probation, please schedule a 40-minute advising appointment with your advisor. All other students should be fine scheduling a 20-minute appointment (please note that you can choose either a phone appointment or in-person appointment, and if you choose a phone appointment, please include the number you would like us to call). If you are a student-athlete, you should plan to come see us in person because there is quite a bit of paperwork involved.
- Lastly, click Confirm. The meeting will schedule on our calendar, and both you and your advisor will be emailed a confirmation.
- Remember, you can look up this appointment in your My Appointments box if you forget when it is or if you need to change it to another time.
- If you have any problems, please refer to the Connect guide.
- If you are a current UMKC student who wishes to transfer to the SoNHS please contact 816-235-1700 to schedule an appointment
Graduate students please email your assigned Academic Advisor for assistance.
To schedule an appointment with the Associate Dean for Students, Sally Ellis-Fletcher; please contact Deidre Ashley at 816-235-1723