Dear Graduate Students:
In light of the recent events concerning COVID-19 and the significant decisions made by the UMKC administrative leadership, we want to share an update regarding the MSN & DNP Clinical Institute and the PhD Research Institute scheduled for this summer. The safety and wellbeing of our campus, students and community are always at the forefront of our decision-making. With that in mind, the School of Nursing and Health Studies have decided the following:
- The mandatory onsite MSN and BSN-DNP Clinical Institute scheduled for May 27th, 2020 – May 28th, 2020 will now be a MANDATORY Zoom Clinical Institute.
- Please note: MSN Nurse Educator, MSN Neonatal Nurse Practitioners, MSN-DNP, and Certificate students are NOT required to attend but encouraged to participate; however, MSN-DNP are required to attend Clinical Institute II.
- The mandatory onsite PhD Research Institute scheduled for May 27th, 2020 – May 29th, 2020 will now be a MANDATORY Zoom Research Institute.
PLEASE actively check the Clinical Institute OR Research Institute Canvas site for any updates. You will not have access to the site until after you are enrolled and later this semester. As a reminder:
- Your remote attendance is REQUIRED (unless NE, NNP, MSN-DNP or Certificate). You must have a functioning desktop or laptop computer with video camera and microphone in order to participate in Institute.
- Please attend in professional dress.
- Completion of the pre-course MSN & BSN-DNP Clinical Institute assignment is still REQUIRED. Please refer to pages 9-10 in the Welcome Packet for further information on the assignment.
The University has created a website with the latest information, which includes the latest COVID-19 and related campus updates, resources and FAQs. We will continue to monitor the situation to plan our coronavirus response, including consultation with the leaders of our faculty, staff and UMKC leadership.