UMKC is proud to be the home of the Collaborative To Advance Health Services
To advance health and wellness by bringing research to practice, supporting organizations through change processes and providing high quality training and technical assistance to the healthcare workforce.
Major Funding Sources
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Office of Population Affairs (OPA)
- United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
Areas of Expertise
- Build and maintain comprehensive infrastructure to promote local, regional and national multidisciplinary collaborations
- Expertise in implementation science research
- Develop innovative multi-media products
- Publish and disseminate findings in peer-review journals
- Provide leadership development to the field
- Translate, disseminate and promote the adoption and implementation of evidence-based and promising clinical practices in behavioral health
More than twenty staff and a cadre of specialists and consultants make up the project teams across a portfolio of grants and contracts. Most of the grants have, as a common theme, increasing the adoption and implementation of evidence-based practices in the health, behavioral health and allied health fields.