Peggy Ward-Smith,RN, Ph.D.
Peggy Ward-Smith is an associate professor and the Director of the Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching (FaCET). She teaches in the graduate and doctoral programs and is member of the 2010 class of the HERS Institute for Women in Higher Education Administration. Her area of clinical research focuses on veteran family distress when care is palliative/hospice. Her educational research surrounds teaching outcomes when various modalities are used.
- LaFevers, D., & Ward-Smith, P. (2015). Essential nurse practitioner business knowledge: an interpersonal perspective. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. (In Press).
- Ward-Smith, P., Barrett, L., Rayson, K., & Grovo, K. (2014). Effectiveness of a bed alarm system to pr4edict falls in an acute care setting. Clinical Nursing Studies, 3(1), 1-4.
- LaMartina, K., & Ward-Smith, P. (2014). Developing critical thinking skills in undergraduate nursing students: The potential for strategic management simulations. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 4(9), 155-162.
- Sanner-Stiehr, E., & Ward-Smith, P. (2014). Lateral violence and the exit strategy. Nursing Management, 45(3), 11-15.
- Ward-Smith, P. Peterson, J.A., & Kimble, S. J (2014). Doctoral students’ perceptions of graduate education. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 4(5), 36-41.
- Owen, A., & Ward-Smith, P. (2014). Collaborative Learning in Nursing Simulation: Near-peer Teaching Using Standardized Patients.” Nursing Education, 53(3), 170-173.
- Peterson, J., Schmer, C., & Ward-Smith, P. (2013). Perceptions of Midwest rural women related to their physical activity and eating behaviors. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 39(2), 72-82. doi.org/10.1080/07370016.2013. 778722
- Ward-Smith, P., Schmer, C., Peterson, J., & Hart, C. (2013). Persistence among graduate students in an online course. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 3(9). 48-52. doi 10.5430/jnep.v3n9p48
- Sanner-Stiehr, E., & Ward-Smith, P. (2013). Psychological distress among targets for lateral violence: A conceptual framework. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 3(6), 84-90.