Katharine (Kit) Vogel Smith, RN, PhD
Associate Professor and Assistant Dean for Program Evaluation
Katharine (“Kit”) Vogel Smith is an assistant dean in the School of Nursing with primary responsibility for program evaluation. Her research focuses on ethical issues in health care and the use of technology in teaching. She has published in peer-reviewed journals and presented regionally and nationally on related topics. Kit teaches in both the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Bonnel, W. & Smith, K. V. (2017). Proposal writing for clinical nursing and DNP projects (2nd Ed.). New York: Springer Publishing Company.
- Bonnel, W. E. & Smith, K. V. (2013). Proposal writing for clinical capstones and clinical projects. New York: Springer Publishing Company.
- Smith, K. V., Klaassen, J., Zimmerman, C. & Cheng, An-Lin. (2013). The evolution of a high-fidelity patient simulation learning experience to teach legal and ethical issues. Journal of Professional Nursing, 29(3), 168-173.
- Smith, K. V., Witt, J., Klaassen, J., Zimmerman, C. & Cheng, An-Lin. (2012). High-fidelity simulation and legal/ethical concepts: A transformational learning experience. Nursing Ethics, 19(3), 390-398.
- Klaassen, J., Smith, K. V., & Witt, J. (2011). The new nexus: Legal concept instruction to nurses, teaching-learning frameworks and high fidelity human simulation. Journal of Nursing Law, 14(3&4), 85-90.
- Marken, P.A., Zimmerman, C, Kennedy, C., Schremmer, R. & Smith, K.V. (2010). Human simulators and standardized patients to teach difficult conversations to interprofessional health care teams. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 74(7), 120.
- Durbin, C.R., Fish, A. F., Bachman, J.A. & Smith K.V. (2010). Systematic Review of Educational Interventions for Improving Advance Directive Completion. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 42(3), 234-241.
- Bonnel, W. E. & Smith, K. V. (2010). Teaching technologies in nursing and the health professions. New York: Springer Publishing Company.