When you walk through the halls of UMKC’s School of Nursing and Health Studies or log on to our online learning management system, expect to find cutting edge researchers, dedicated faculty and students prepping for leadership roles. We are a team with a passion for nursing and a mission to improve health outcomes for all.
Our student population – undergraduate and graduate students – will join one of the hottest and most rewarding career fields in the country.
We are accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, and the Higher Learning Commission. The SoNHS’s curriculum stands out for its rigor. But students will also find personalized attention from instructors committed to academic success. Let UMKC advisers help you determine your next step.
“It’s a great day to be a Roo!”
WHY CHOOSE THE SCHOOL OF NURSING AND HEALTH STUDIES?
- U.S. News & World Report ranked us among the nation’s Top 20 best online graduate nursing programs. We were ranked ahead of every other public university in Missouri and Kansas.
- Personalized attention from faculty who are invested in your success.
- A pioneering spirit comes naturally. We were the first university in Missouri to offer the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree to APRN students already certified as advanced practice nurses.
- The current value of our external grants portfolio is over $16 million!
- Our faculty hold leadership positions on national boards and organizations.
- UMKC was named a “Best Value College” by Princeton Review in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
State Regulation Requirements
For those students interested in pursuing a graduate or post-graduate degree online please keep in mind that each state has different registration and approval regulations for online degree programs offered within their state. We are not approved to offer online degree programs in all states. We highly recommend that you review this information prior to submitting your application. Please review the state regulatory map to verify the status of your state’s regulations.