Invest in your future with an online Master of Science in Nursing from UMKC. Our accredited program is strategically designed to meet the needs of professionals. Students can choose a thesis or complete advanced research coursework. The affordable in-state rates, dedicated faculty and innovative academics allow our program to stand out.
The MSN prepared Nurse Practitioner is ready to assume responsibility and accountability for the health promotion, assessment, diagnosis, and management of patient problems including the prescription of pharmacologic agents within a specialty area of clinical practice such as Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP), Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), and Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP).
State Regulation Requirements
We are now a part of State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) which allows us to offer online programs to students in other SARA states. We are able to accept and enroll students into most of our online programs in 48 states, including Washington, DC. We highly recommend that you review this information prior to submitting your application. Please review the state regulatory map to verify the status of your state’s regulations.
Online Track Options – Spring & Summer Start:
- Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP) (53 credit hours)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) (53 credit hours)
- Nurse Educator (NE) (41 credit hours)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP/AC PNP) (53 credit hours)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) (53 credit hours)
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) (53 credit hours)
Online Track Options – Fall & Summer Start:
All completed application materials are due by 5:00 pm on the following dates:
- October 15th (for early decision/acceptance) to start coursework in January or June
- Completed applications that are received between February 15th and March 27th will be reviewed and considered for the Summer or upcoming semesters.
*Please refer to the program in which you are interested in for additional application requirements and deadlines.