The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is designed to evaluate the academic readiness of candidates prior to admission into the nursing program. The TEAS is similar to the ACT. There will be four sections; Mathematics, Reading, Science, and English and Language Usage. The results also provide documentation useful for counseling and advisement. This examination also assesses the candidate’s ability to respond and apply knowledge to new situations and to understand complex technical material and relationships. These scores will be used as part of the application process and will in no way be the sole criteria for determining entrance into the clinical major. For more information on how to study for the test, please visit the ATI TEAS website.
All students who are interested in completing the TEAS can test at UMKC School of Nursing & Health Studies. Students will be required to pay a testing fee of $85.00 in the form of a check, money order, or cash and due at the time of testing. Checks and money order should be made out to UMKC SoNHS.
Please read the following instructions carefully to register for a date and time to take the TEAS test:
- Click on the following link http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C044DA9A72DA2FB6-20172018
- Choose one of the following date and time
Thursday, November 1st 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Thursday, November 8th 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Monday, November 12th 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday, November 16th 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday, November 16th 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday, November 21st 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Tuesday, December 18th 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday, January 11th 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday, January 11th 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- You will receive an email notification confirming your date and time.
- If you need to change your appointment, click on the link, find your name and date, click delete, and then find a new date and time that will work for you. If you absolutely must make a last-minute cancellation, please email email@example.com and let me know.
- If there are less than 10 students scheduled to test the session will be canceled. You will be notified of the cancellation and will need to sign up for another scheduled session. The sessions on January 16th will not be cancelled regardless of the number of student registrations.