BSN Accelerated Program Accepting Applications for Fall 2018 Admission
Although the priority deadline has now passed, completed applications for the Accelerated BSN program beginning Fall 2018 that are submitted between now and June 15, 2018 will still be reviewed on a rolling basis (meaning as they are completed and received), as long as space in the program is still available. Any additional applications received will then be reviewed and placed on a wait list.
Please direct any questions about the extended application deadline for the Fall 2018 Accelerated BSN program to academic advisors Jacob Smallegan (last names beginning A-K), firstname.lastname@example.org, or Emily Jefferies (last names beginning L-Z), email@example.com.
There are a variety of different academic paths to achieve a BSN degree. Our five semester Accelerated BSN program is carefully designed to allow students with a previous bachelor’s degree to complete a BSN in less time than a traditional program, but with opportunities for school-life balance. If you don’t already have a bachelor’s, please consider visiting our Pre-Licensure (traditional) BSN program page. Or, if you are already a registered nurse (RN), please consider visiting our RN-BSN program page.
Advantages of completing your Accelerated BSN with the UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies (SoNHS):
- In less than two years, Accelerated students complete 1,200 clinical hours, the most in the Kansas City region.
- Due to the extensive amount of clinical hours completed, clinical partners consistently report that UMKC BSN graduates are “job ready” for success as a new graduate nurse.
- Clinical courses are enhanced with experiences in our state of the art experiential learning spaces, including a nursing skills laboratory and high-fidelity simulation center.
- Daytime classes allow for more school-life balance by freeing up your evenings and weekends.
- In 2017, demand from our clinical partners contributed to permission from the Missouri State Board of Nursing to increase enrollment in the Accelerated BSN program.
Our unique clinical experience offers:
- The opportunity for extensive clinical experience in adult medical-surgical, pediatric, obstetric, mental health, community health, leadership, and critical/emergency care nursing.
- A 300 hour final semester capstone/internship experience in one of the aforementioned specialty areas.
- Interactions with diverse patients in urban and suburban settings within agencies and hospitals that are privately-owned, publicly-owned, and teaching institutions.
- Optional weekend clinical experiences based on individual student preference.
Highlights of completing your Accelerated BSN with the UMKC community of learners:
- All Kansas residents receive in-state tuition through UMKC’s Kansas Rate.
- Residents of 15 regional Midwestern states receive discounted tuition through UMKC’s Heartland Rate.
- Be part of a community that values respect, inclusion and diversity, integrity, excellence, innovation, and health. Read more about the SoNHS Statement of Values and the UMKC Statement of Values.
- Attend one of only 18 universities in the country located within a dedicated Health Sciences District where Nursing and Health Studies, Dentistry, Medicine, and Pharmacy share a single, walkable campus, fostering exceptional interprofessional student learning opportunities.
- Get involved in student life activities centered around your personal interests.