When you walk through the halls of UMKC’s School of Nursing and Health Studies and/or log in to our online learning management system courses, expect to find cutting-edge researchers, dedicated faculty and students prepping for leadership roles in nursing and the health industry. We are a team with a passion for nursing, health care and interprofessional practice and a mission to improve health outcomes for all.
Here are a few of the leading activities of the school:
- Our school’s external grants portfolio is valued at over $16 million.
- Faculty leaders are assuming positions in the board room at organizations nationally.
- Faculty, staff and student publications grow annually.
- Our school manages three National Centers for workforce development in HIV prevention, Family Planning, and Treatment for Substance Use Disorders.
- We are an urban serving school on an interprofessional health science campus and our students are educated with other health professionals to promote team work and quality improvement.
Ready to join our team? Hear about our rich tradition and plans for the future from Dean Ann Cary.